This simple tart looks beautiful and tastes even better. It took less than 15 minutes to get into the oven.
- Start with a puff pastry sheet thawed and rolled out with a bit of flour.
- Place it on a buttered cookie sheet.
- Peel 3 to 5 pears or apples and cut in half. Remove the core. Place the fruit flat side down and make thin slices while holding the shape with your hand. Fan out the sliced pear half and slide it onto your knife and then onto the dough sheet. Continue until the sheet is full of sliced fanned fruit.
- Dot liberally with butter and sprinkle generously with white sugar. We added sliced almonds when we tried this at home. Nice touch. It would be great with ice cream!
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.